There are various means of attracting an audience towards your web page. The most common and organic way is SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Today, we are going to discuss various techniques of SEO.
Black Hat SEO
It refers to the ways that are used to get higher search engine rankings. It uses aggressive SEO strategies and tactics. Black Hat does not follow Google Webmasters Guidelines. It involves-
- Keyword stuffing
- Link Schemes
- Hidden Text
- Doorway pages
White Hat Seo
It refers to the techniques that are used to target the audience. It uses Google webmasters guidelines to provide users with better search engine results. It uses techniques like-
- Keyword analysis
- Back linking
- Meta Descriptions
- Quality Content
- Using keywords
BLACK HAT VS WHITE HAT SEO
We have studied the meanings of both the SEO techniques. Now we will have a look on their differences:-
- Main Aim : White Hat SEO is directed towards the users while Back Hat focuses on getting higher search engine results.
- Site engine norms : Black Hat SEO violates the search engine rules while White Hat SE0 works according to Google norms.
- Results : Black Hat SEO is more frequently used by those who are looking for a quick financial return, White Hat SEO is a long time investment.
- Also known as : White Hat SEO is also termed as an ethical and organic SEO while Black Hat is termed as Unethical SEO.
- Rate of conversion : Rate of conversion is more in Black Hat SEO as compared to that in White Hat SEO.
- Tools used : White Hat SEO uses Keyword research and analysis to optimize your content. Black Hat SEO includes keyword stuffing i.e. uses chosen keywords and create catchy content that is virtually unreadable and is duplicate.
- Site links : Black Hat SEO links sites with non- relevant content, page titles. White Hat SEO links unique and relevant content and page titles.
- Content quality : White hat SEO produces quality content as its main aim is to attack the organic traffic toward web page whereas content in Black Hat SEO is duplicate and not of genuine quality.
- Site navigation : White Hat SEO makes sites easy to navigate because it does not provide irrelevant links, and also boosts up the speed of the web page.
- Consequences : Using Black Hat SEO can be risky as Google may impose a penalty on its usage while White Hat SEO is safe.