Ecommerce websites are online resources that facilitate the online transaction of goods and services through the transfer of data and financial information over the Internet. In the early days, e-commerce was partially done by emails and phone calls.
- This is known worldwide as a solid product.
- Made specifically for eCommerce projects, Here millions of online stores are available and products cost $ 40 billion in total. Shopify has no free programs, the 14-day trial period is limited.
- The control panel is very similar to that of Prestashop, Opencart, and WordPress
- Shopify has great features and is easy to use. Shopify App Store has the number of useful apps divided into several categories (sales, social networks, service, statistics, marketing, etc.).
- It supports many modern technologies such as AR (virtual reality), Google Pay, sales through social networks, etc.
- Acquisition of Top Business Mobile App – Shopify Ping.
- A modern template with a custom design.
- App Store Store with a host of useful products. Ability to add third party payment plans.
- Shopify Academy – free courses for entrepreneurs.
- No free plan, the trial period is only 14 days.
- Strategic costs do not include paid templates.
- Sales commission, from 0.5% to 2%, depending on the program selected.
- Wix is the creator of the DIY eCommerce website.
- Wix has one of the best site editors with a huge set of ready-made solutions for domain registration and hosting services.
- Wix is very useful for site planning in a good way.
- If you choose to create an online store using this field, you can only categorize products, write their title and description, attach pictures, press the “Add to cart” button, and use features such as online payment, discounts, order stats, and other settings general and much more you can do here.
- Uses the Wix App Market through a suite of sales apps easily expanding store building.
*** PROS ***
- Hundreds of beautiful templates with attractive designs, including a total of 38 online stores classified into the most popular categories.
- Easy-to-understand and easy-to-use Search Engine Tools with Zero purchase fees.
- Wix Help Center with an extensive collection of tutorials and videos.
- Friendly Customer Support.
** cons **
- Wix platform is not good for the large project because it can’t handle big projects like Shopify or BigCommerce;
- It is difficult to switch to other templates, and it includes a lot of trademarks and marketing to help your eCommerce business grow in sales
- No shipping of goods, after-sales tools, personal accounts, or other essential items in the online store.
- Low bandwidth of websites.
- BigCommerce is a powerful eCommerce website builder that promotes big businesses.
- It’s a powerful SaaS utility that gives you free web hosting, domain registration, and other functions to optimize your web functionality.
- This is a complete platform for beginners and professional developers.
- -Does not have coding skills, you can customize meta tags and HTML codes if you have technical skills.
- There are a total of 7 templates and layouts to choose from for all your wishes and are compatible with mobile devices.
- BigCommerce automatically creates the right mobile version of the store for your device in the store.
- Provide multiple payment gateways such as PayPal for secure purchases.
*** PROS ***
- It’s easy to set up free and paid templates; Integration with major payment gateways such as Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, and others.
- Various marketing tools work for many platforms, such as Amazon Marketplace, Facebook, eBay, Pinterest, email provider integration and more
- Establishment and delivery requirements and manage returns.
- Multiple Financial Support.
- Delivery and Warehouse Integration.
- The opportunity to sell products on third-party platforms.
- There is no purchase fee.
** cons **
- More choice of templates.
- A few external integration apps.
- No mobile app.
- SITE123 is one of the simplest eCommerce store developers that say they are building a website “with 1,2,3…”.
- In one account you can create various sites by paying an annual fee
- A simple and straightforward website.
- You can sign up for SITE123 and start creating a site with your Google+ or Facebook account.
- The app is ready for launch, including specific features such as auto installations, delivery frameworks, payment options, discounts, and more.
- Among the options is a shopping cart, with the ability to accept payments made online through PayPal.
- You can change the layout of the front page by uploading your pic or by selecting some effects as an example – transparency result
- Various plugins can be purchased in the App Marketplace.
- Apps are divided into three categories: analytics and marketing tools, live chat, and webmaster tools.
*** PROS ***
- Easy to use, a large set of modules with individual settings
- Flexible and simple options for planning and building a site.
- Large selection of third party services in the App Market.
- A good set of SEO promotion tools.
- Responsive templates.
- Large database of images, videos, and fonts.
- Multicurrency feature.
- The fastest download time is almost always the closest time.
*** cons ***
- A small amount of template compared to other eCommerce website builders
- There is no immediate response to messages in chat and the “Contacts” form.
- Does not work enough for professional users.
- It’s very easy in online stores.
- Volusion is another DIY eCommerce website built entirely for online stores.
- Availability of eCommerce professional tools.
- If necessary, there is a paid Volusion service that provides a professional web designer to help you create a unique store.
- This service is focused on the private sector and small and medium enterprises involved in selling or providing services.
- Volusion provides access to the original HTML code.
- Application functionality includes CRM system, SEO tools, site search, and integration with Google Analytics, social networks, and other markets.
- The template gallery stocks over 300 themes suitable for a wide variety of businesses: beauty and health, sports, travel, food, clothing, car parts, or interior.
*** PROS ***
- Multipurpose software.
- Individual services from web professionals.
- Easy to use interface.
** Cons **
- Volusion stores use a portable version, which reduces its responsiveness.
- Not many types of store add-ons compared to Shopify or BigCommerce.
- It is impossible to create a blog.